Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Chinese shouldn't have Christian names

In my last post I was thanking my dad for giving me an English name. Look at this post instead! I hope my name won't create some kind of confusion...


Why Chinese shouldn't have Christian names:

Anne Chang = Dirty (Mandarin)
Anne Chin = Keep Quiet (Mandarin)
Faye Chen = Dusty (Mandarin)
Carl Cheng = Buttock (Hokkien)
Monica Cheng = Touching your buttocks (Hokkien)
Lucy Leow = You are dead (Hokkien)
Jane Tan = Frying eggs (Mandarin)
Suzie
 Leow = Lose till death (Hokkien)
Henry Mah = Hate your mum (Mandarin)
Corrine Tai = Poor fellow (Hokkien)
Paul Chan = Bankrupt (Mandarin)
Nelson Tan = Bird laying eggs (Mandarin)
Leslie Tong = Rubbish Bin (Mandarin)
Carmen Teng = Leg hair long (Hokkien)
Connie Mah = Call your mother (Cantonese)
Danny See = Squeeze you to death (Hokkien)
Rosie Teng = Screws and nails (Hokkien)

Pete Tsai = Nose droppings (Hokkien)
Macy Koh = Never die before (Cantonese)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails